Prasad Rahane is young and dynamic sitarist of today's generation with a new perspective towards Indian classical music. Having rendered his recitals in Classical, Semi-classical, light and contemporary fusion music ensembles, Prasad has left musicians and listeners string-struck alike, evident by the long list of accolades he had earned over the years.
Having travelled extensively throughout India he performed in many Classical music festivals as well as fusion music for Beyond Bollywood , Lakmé Fashion Week, the Indian Jam Project, TEDx talk to name a few.
Having rendered his recitals in classical, semi-classical, light and contemporary fusion music ensembles, Prasad has left musicians and listeners string-struck alike, evident by the long list of accolades he has earned over the years.
Prasad's former training in Indian Classical Music was initiated when being groomed, in his
tender years by Shri Nitin Pawar ji and Dr.Uddhav Aashturkar ji from Nasik. Later, he was
fortunate to be placed under the tutelage of Taalyogi Padmashree Pt. Suresh Talwalkar ji.
When Prasad moved to Mumbai, he was fortunate to have Pt. Ravindra Chary, the famous Sitar exponent from Mumbai, to be his mentor, who continues to nurture his potential
under Guru-Shishya Parampara. Having done his masters in music, he has completed the Sangeet Visharad in Tabla and Sitar from Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, Miraj. He has also served as an accompanist at the SPH College, Nasik. Currently, he provides guidance to students in the Tabla & Sitar wing of the Swar Sanskruti Music Academy, Mumbai.
Prasad has been awarded the National Scholarship for Young Artists by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India. Apart from this, he has been showered with accolades by various music institutes, connoisseurs and also by the Government of Maharashtra. He has
also performed and represented India at the prestigious Palladium Theatre, London.
• Founder of ‘SYNERGY’ - an Indo western fusion ensemble.
• Part of ‘The Indian Jam Project’ - most appreciated Indian instrumental ensemble among the youth.
• YouTube Fan Festival, Mumbai.
• Tedx Talk on Evolution of the Indian Classical Instruments.
• Lakme Fashion Week, Mumbai
• Taal Yatra - a musical ensemble by Pt. Suresh Talwalkar ji, Bhopal.
• Palladium Theatre, London.
• Khajuraho Film Festival, Khajuraho.
• Sanskruti Art Festival, Thane.
• Haveli Sangeet Mahotsav - a concept by Pt. Jasraj ji, Pune.
• Swarwarsha with Pt. Raghunandan Panshikar, Pt. Shounak Abhisheki, Pt. Manjusha Patil, and Rahul Deshpande,Talegaon.
• Guinness Record attempt ensemble titled Brahmnaad.
• Musical Talent Hunt Show Saam Gurukul aired on Saam TV (enlisted as elite performer).
• T.V. Talent Hunt Dance Maharashtra Dance finale.
• Gazal concert with Padmashree Hariharan ji and Suresh Wadkar ji.
• Padwa Pahat on DD Sahyadri.
• Elephanta Festival, Mumbai.
• Soorya Festival, Kerala.
• Pt. Prabhakar Chary Smruti Samaroh, Goa.
• Nishigandh Festival, Bhopal.
• Badal Raag Festival, Bhopal.
• Chakradhar Mahotsav, Chattisgadh
• Pt. Ram Marathe Smriti Mahotsav, Thane.
• Kalyan Mukta Vyaspith, Kalyan.
• Prabhakar Chary Smruti Samaroh, Valsad.
• Pt. Gopikrishna Mahotsav, Nasik.
• Shrirang Kala Pratishthan, Talegaon
• Swarayan, Pune.
• Swarmauli, Mumbai.
And many more....